What is new in this version
- Added support for Android Auto. You can now
play your SmartPlays and Feed/Category episodes from any Android Auto compatible head unit.
IMPORTANT! In order for BeyondPod to be visible on your Android Auto head unit, you have to install the BETA from BeyondPod BETA channel on the Play Store (see instructions below). Android Auto currently does NOT support side-loaded apps (e.g. apps installed directly from an APK).
- As some feeds occasionally change their feed image, BeyondPod will now try to detect any changes and update the feed image automatically.
- Added a new option to automatically delete all played episodes during the next update. This option is currently off by default but can be enabled in BeyondPod's Advanced settings > Automatically Delete Played Episodes
- Support for Android Wear 5.1.1 media controls. When BeyondPod is playing, wear playback controls will now have Skip Forward/Back, Playback Speed and Skip to end buttons (if enabled). We also added support for the new wear Media Browsing functionality that provides a quick access to feed/category episodes directly from the wear media controls.
- Small tweaks to Android Wear BeyondPod app to better support round LG watches.
- Added a few "advanced" settings that add some extra customizations to the BeyondPod UI. You can find more information at the bottom of the Tips and Tricks section of the help.
- Many bug fixes.
How to install the latest beta
The best way to install the BETA is from our BETA channel on Google Play. Join BeyondPod Beta Test Google group and follow the instructions in the first post. BETA versions will be delivered to your device directly from Google Play as they are released. (You can leave the beta group at any time and revert to the latest public release). Alternatively you can also download and install the .apk file linked below directly to your device.
BeyondPod 4.0 comes as a single version that runs equally well on both phones and tablets (requires Android 4.0 or later). If you currently have the tablet version, we recommend that you un-install it before switching to 4.0. Find out more....
Please use the BeyondPod BETA Community Forum to post any BETA related questions or comments.Download BeyondPod_4_1_44.apk