What is new in this version
- New "dark" theme (skin). You can change the theme in: General settings > Theme.
- BeyondPod now supports "compact" episode cards. This makes it easy to balance between the number of episodes displayed on a single screen and how much information is displayed for each episode. To select a "compact" card size use: Menu > Compact Cards
- We made a few changes to the actions that are available on the episode card for "new" published episodes. "Add to My Episodes" action is now moved to an overflow (three dot) menu and was replaced with "Download Episode". This will save a few taps for people that download their episodes manually.
- Companion Android WEAR application for quick access to your current playlist and SmartPlays directly from your watch.
- Several small cosmetic changes to the Feed and PlayList drawer.
- Better support for Android 5 Lollipop.
- Samsung multi-window support.
- Many bug fixes.
How to install the latest beta
The best way to install the BETA is from our BETA channel on Google Play. Join BeyondPod Beta Test Google group and follow the instructions in the first post. BETA versions will be delivered to your device directly from Google Play as they are released. (You can leave the beta group at any time and revert to the latest public release). Alternatively you can also download and install the .apk file linked below directly to your device.
BeyondPod 4.0 comes as a single version that runs equally well on both phones and tablets (requires Android 4.0 or later). If you currently have the tablet version, we recommend that you un-install it before switching to 4.0. Find out more....
Please use the BeyondPod BETA Community Forum to post any BETA related questions or comments.Download BeyondPod_4_1_24.apk